Saturday, October 11, 2008


Hey friends and family - Some of you have asked about the progress on my children's book "The Best At Nothing - A Fable". I have been busy working with my literary agent, (Sterling Lord Literistic in New York - they are huge), and we are getting the manuscript ready for submission to targeted publishers. I have also been contacted by a well-respected and richly experienced illustrator who is interested in providing illustrations for this book. His name is Mark Swan and he is doing other illustration work for my book producer, Writewise. They let him see my manuscript and illustration plan and he sketched the illustration below, depicting the swimming competition scene from my story. I may not be the one who gets to decide who will be my illustrator, (publishers often make that call), but I would be interested in your opinions of his work.

5 comments:

Meet the Elliott's said...

It's cute...kids would ask what's going on here...read this to me are the thoughts that go through my mind. At first I read your story of Hurricane Ike...for a moment I thought this may be a comic drawing in relationship to it. However it was missing a few stupid people, airstream trailer ect.

Brenda E said...

To me it looks like something you would see for a kids movie. He does great work. I really like it.

Jillian said...

I like seeing all the animals in the water. It's hilarious.

Britt and Rick said...

I think it is really great! You are both very talented!

Connie and Joe said...

Darci just saw and read this one page and said she would buy it in a heartbeat for her three kids. Let us know when it's published.